This is what exactly what we want.

Hi,
I know we all are happy to ride on this wave of change. As the saying goes, grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. I will not take sides this time round but I do believe you already know I am one happy mobile telephony user. Who ever imagined it was to come to this, with rock bottom calling rates?
We now have show stopping tactics all the players that make us equal in the eyes of the telephone service providers. Not a minute goes without Safaricom trying to show us who they are, be it with those hideous looking Muppet the trying so hard Leonard Mambo Mbotela to their Co-operative social responsibility programming. It makes me ask, do you charge us that much for your CSR and yet we are the shareholders? I can surely feel like a king just a little bit (only if I can ask such questions and walk away). Oh oh! wait a minute, did I just use a term that I usually don't care about. Yeah, I dont really care about voice calls that much but now that it is cheap, I will as not care about anyone asking me to call them back.
Talking about back, it just got me me thinking about the 90s and the reversed charge calls. that was when making a phone call was one piece of work. I really don't give a rats ass about this changes because in my world, people use skype, twitter and facebook to communicate. The closest we come to using voice is when worst comes to worst and we usually text.
My main concern is about the cost of broadband. We now have as many 3 submarine cables that converge at our coast. I take issue with CCK for taking so long that it hurts. We are fooled about broadband when its not as true broadband as it seem. The main players, Safaricom, KDN, Telekom and those who dug the whole city up just to raise our hope should style up.
My view of all this is Safaricom has a whole new avenue to exploit (as long as they price correctly when it comes to data and offer true broadband services). Data is the next big thing but the customer just realized on how to return the favor when appreciated ( by correctly pricing). but just as it is always, brand identity is the biggest determinant all around the world and Kenya not left behind. It is not about the infrastructure or how much strategy you have cooked up. The earliest bird catches the worm. show me any ISP that offers 7.2MBps and will never let them go, i will ditch my onspeed as fast as I can. I do believe that with any manager that understands the economies of scale, will realize that economies of scale is the way to go in this market. Who cares how damn you are when it comes to your strategy in that you make investments without factoring in your consumers comfort rather that misery. No one cares about the recouping of investment before we get the best service.
You do not use this as an argument to charger us as much you can.
I hear Zain is to launch 3G in the 3rd quarter of this year, if they keep their motto, we I guess we all will be in the mood to subscribe to the Zaine option. Safaricom should just be about to start the trial for LTE just when we are starting to enjoy 3G (not real speed though). This is where we need people to talk the talk and walk the walk. safaricom should just ask themselves"what kind of consumers they are dealing with".
Another argument that fascinates me is the way Telekom is hinting the drop in quality. Lol, like we ever had of quality, I know none of that, what is with safaricom and Huawei instead of HTC and the rest of the top dogs MPESA keeps delaying, Zain sabotaged, I don't know about Telekom but the price for Iphone is a total rip off oh and I almost forgot your internet services just don't make sense.
All in all, a little competition is good for us all.

Comments

  1. Well this is good info for me. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you keep coming back and let me know what you wanna know.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here. Karibu :)

Popular Posts