My one month with Xperia S

Well, you all know it has been a while since I wrote a, hands-on review of any Xperia phone. Here we go again. I been with this phone for the past one month and year it's the Sony flagship Xperia S smartphone that anyone will kill to have.
This won't be that kind of technical reviews diced with a lot of jargon hence I will keep it simple.
I couldn't wait to get my hands on onto this phone as I awaited the announcement of a 2012 Sony flagship kind of a first generation. This is a must have for since it is a first since the departure of Ericsson. We all in the tech writing world and all the mobile communication nerds had high expectations since the likes of Samsung and HTC were announcing Quad-cores and the likes of Nokia had a killer camera.... That was at CES 2012. Well not much of our expectations were met but where given a 1.5Ghzs dual core phone with a killer 13Mp camera running on an outdated android OS. The design is out of the box
Having had this phone for a month makes me see Sony's reasoning I agree with the rest of the tech writers whereby we do not really need all that processing power but a good RAM and well done software. My phone has been running smoothly ever since I acquired it .
How many of you readers have this phone or have had a chance to have a hands-on
  • The screen is a scratch magnet luckily there are enough screen proctors to go round
  • A well done UI on ICS but let down by slow update role out even though the wait is always worth it
  • Good camera video takes long to focus
  • Energy saving feature good idea
  • Good display
  • Swipe to text, this article was written on my phone in traffic
  •  Unique design
  •    Xloud noise suppression
  •  Faster browser
  • Good battery life
  • Tethering and hotspot
  • Data management
  • Good widgets
  • Enough memory for apps 2GB
  •  28GB accessible memory
  •  IPhone like jack pin with good output surround
  • Good Mic combined with noise suppression and xloud
  • Most developer friendly phone I ever had, easy bootloader assessing (voids warranty though)
The only time it froze on me is when I was at the coast and maybe that was due to too much humidity. This was not a good experience since I could not power boot it as a result of a none removable battery. I had to wait for hours for the charge to drain out....
The saddest thing I have heard so far just to top up on my frustrations of this so called Sony’s flagship is that is never treated as one is the fact that this phone is going to come last when Sony finally releases Jelly Bean way after the likes of Xperia V and T.
My final view about this phone is that it is quite well done when it comes to the user interface design, sound and the camera. I would recommend this phone to anyone that knows what they want from a smartphone and is never moved by the overly hyped quad cores and the processing speed that the rest of the competition screams out loud about.

Comments

Popular Posts