Xperia mini pro used in some creative photos


Sony has been known to recognize creativity amongst its fan base  which is as big as you can imagine. Kei Hirano already was a die-hard Sony loyalist when he took a sales job at Sony’s Beverly Center store in Los Angeles in 2004.
But, this year Kei who is now the stock lead at Sony’s Family Center store, took his love of Sony a step further and started using Sony products such as his Xperia phone to create inventive and sometimes absurd photos that best could be described as “interactive.” Below are some picturers and and interview by Sony that sheds the ligh on how deep that fanboy’s love for Sony runs with his “interactive” art.

Sony: So, you started working for Sony back in 2004 at the Beverly Center store. What were your first impressions of working for Sony?
Kei: Super excited. The best brand out there – period, from the analog days to the digital.
Sony:  Cool.
Kei:  Simply awesome.
Sony:  So, did your photos with the Xperia phones pre-date your work years with Sony?
Kei: You know what, Justin, I have to say no. I was using different equipment before I started working with Sony.
Sony:  A smartphone or a camera?
Kei:  I bought my first Sony Ericsson — a T610 — in 2003, I think. It was super-duper old but awesome
regular cell-phone but, for digital camera, I used a Sony DSC-F1.
Sony:  So, when did you start taking pictures of yourself and then interjecting yourself into the scene of other photos, making them almost interactive?
Kei: Early this year.

Sony:  You’ve shot that many photos in five months?!
Kei: Yes! It’s so much fun.
Sony:  What was the first one? How did the idea for it come to you?
Kei: First shot was the Post-It one. And the idea? It just triggered in my head! Not sure, but it just popped up.
Sony:  Very cool. Did you see work like that elsewhere?
Kei: No.
Sony:  What were some other early photos?
Kei: Just lots of random and macro shots.
Sony:  When did you shoot the one of you shushing your daughter to sleep? I like that one.
Kei: She was so at peace that I had to maintain that status – Cory sleeping – so I decided to “shush” myself in the picture.
Sony:  How about other “interactive” ones — like the fogged glasses or the instant coffee? How did you come up with those ideas?
Kei: I just see things in everyday life and try to merge them into my life.
Sony:  Are you always snapping away photos on your Xperia? Because, I have to admit, I think I saw an iPod Touch in a couple of those.
Kei: Yeaahhhh, I have an iPod Touch – my wife gave it to me during our anniversary – and I’ve snapping away with that one, too. But my main tool is my Xperia.
Sony:  So, I’m sure we’ll be seeing a Walkman Z in future photos, right?
Kei:  Walkman Z! I love it. I better talk to my wife for that one next. Actually, I am going to ask for the NEX series. He he he.

Sony:  So, what Xperia do you use now?
Kei: Xperia Mini Pro
Sony:  You like it for photos?
Kei: It’s pretty good. I like it: very simple and easy. Sony Ericsson has always been good.
Sony:  So, are you drooling over that 40-something-megapixel Nokia smartphone or are you a dedicated Sony man?
Kei: I know, I saw that 40-megapixel phone. Want to check it out but I’m definitely Sony.
Sony:  Saw that answer coming.
Kei:  Don’t get me wrong, Nokia is very good.
Sony:  No need to be diplomatic. So, what’s next for you and your artistic endeavors?
Kei: What’s next? Wow, Justin, I’m not sure. But like I have said, I will keep you posted.

Sony: What’s your favorite of your photos? Why?
Kei:  I love them all but if I have to pick one, I guess it would have to be the one that I am standing inside of my money tree pot. And why? ‘Cause I look silly.
Sony: What’s your favorite part of your work with Sony?
Kei:  Love working with creative and intelligent people.
Sony:  You meet a lot of cool Sony employees on the lot? Or are you referring to the Family Center employees?
Kei: Yes – both.
Sony: Any noteworthy celebrity sightings?
Kei:  Adam Sandler – he’s a regular. He actually has his office here on the lot.
Sony:  Cool. Sell any TVs to anyone who’s seen your photos?
Kei: Not every day but sometimes. You know, I’m not sure: maybe a few people.
Sony:  What’s the response?
Kei: They love it.
Sony:  I can see why. They’re rather clever.
Kei: Oh, and their kids love it, too.
Sony:  Any parting words for our readers? I’m sure they’re wondering now what the stock guy is doing in the back when he’s not helping them with their TV
Kei: Wow, not sure what to say. Use your time wisely. What should i say? I will use the quote that Akio Morita used. “Curiosity is the key to creative.” No, I can’t use that.
Sony:  Use it!
Kei: How about, “Thank you.” Or both.
Via Sony Blog.


Comments

Popular Posts